- IT will communicate with users and groups primarily by email. Those emails will be from Helpdesk@Hesston.edu or individual IT staff addresses, will identify the sender specifically, and will NEVER ask for your account information.
- If you have any question about the legitimacy of a message you receive from us, please reply/forward (to email@example.com) and ask. Please don't use your college network account to log into a website you don't recognize or been sent to directly by HC IT.
- We maintain an announcements blog for your reference - if a bulk/mass message is not listed there, it may not have been sent by IT.
Network drives and options for storing electronic data
- Password changes can be made at any time by the user using our password change site.
- Password length requirement is a 10 character minimum, and preferably including caps, numbers, or punctuation. A short phrase can be an easy to remember solution.
- A password change WILL REQUIRE ALL systems and devices connected to HC_Secure using the changed account to reconnect to the network using this new password.
Additional Google Apps resources
- We are primarily using Google Mail, Calendar, Contacts and Drive.
See this page for tips on these Google tools
- We have not shut off or locked down additional services. If you would like to explore or make use of additional services, please keep in mind that no unified strategy or policy for their use has been developed.
Additional Microsoft Office365 resources
IT is interested in your feedback, experiences or concerns you have. Thanks!
- We are primarily making Office available free to Students and Employee personal use.
See this page for tips on these Microsoft tools
- We have not shut off or locked down additional services except Mail/Outlook since our mail is hosted on Google. If you would like to explore or make use of additional services, please keep in mind that no unified strategy or policy for their use has been developed.